5 Pro Tips to Boost Marketing Performance
Do you feel that your marketing strategy is not giving you the results you want?! Are you constantly looking for ways to boost your marketing performance?!
Well, you are not alone. Many business owners and professionals find marketing to be one of the most challenging aspects of their businesses.
Typically, it is because they place some ads online, expecting them to work like magic, but it is just not working. Random marketing efforts won't bring you those leads, customers, or sales as you desire.
Marketing is an ever-changing, constantly evolving field. What worked just a few years ago may be completely irrelevant today. You must be willing to adapt to change and new techniques as they occur.
Here, I will share with you 5 pro tips that will help you boost your marketing performance, strengthen your online presence, and evolve your digital footprint.
1- Create Cohesion in Your Content:
First on our Pro Tips list to boost marketing performance is creating cohesion in your content.
Your content is the key marketing element to move your target audience forward in their buyer’s journey.
In order to do that, we use several marketing tools when creating conversion paths, including Landing Pages, Forms, and Calls-to-Action (CTAs).
Now, when creating a marketing campaign, you should pay close attention to creating a consistent experience between your landing pages, forms, and calls-to-action (CTAs).
You want to lead your customers to complete your desired goal. Creating a cohesive experience between these assets can help ensure they take that next step.
2- Set Reasonable and Accurate Goals:
By now, we all know that setting up SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) Marketing Goals is essential for the success of any marketing strategy.
But, how can you achieve these SMART goals?!
You have to ensure that your goals are reasonable and accurate in order for your marketing efforts to be successful.
Here you have 3 steps to follow when setting up your goals:
- Identify current performance in your marketing efforts before setting new KPI targets.
- Determine where you have gaps in your marketing process or content to identify areas of opportunity.
- Create detailed marketing productivity plans to systematically address your marketing opportunities.
3- Match Your Content to Every Stage of a Buyer's Journey:
Understanding where your target audience is in the buyer’s journey is the key to creating the perfect content that will help you attract them to become visitors, and then convert them into leads, and finally close them into customers.
Every interaction you have with your audiences should be tailored to where they stand in the Buyer’s Journey.
It doesn’t make sense to target an ad for a sales demo at someone in the awareness stage! Or, to target an awareness stage offer (like a recommended blog post) at someone who is ready to buy.
4- Use Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Strategies:
This is actually one of the most powerful pro tips that will help you boost your marketing performance.
CRO is a system for increasing the percentage of visitors to a website that converts into customers, or more generally, takes any desired action on a webpage.
There are several CRO strategies that you can implement:
- Run A/B tests on your landing pages.
- Create text-based Calls-to-Action (CTAs) within blog posts.
- Include lead flows on your website page.
- Add chat to high-converting web pages.
- Leverage retargeting to re-engage website visitors.
5- Implement Inbound Strategies into Your Website:
Inbound marketing has proven its worth and effectiveness as a dominant marketing methodology in the last decade, providing more interactive and optimized techniques and tools for businesses to benefit from.
It is more important now than ever for businesses to embrace inbound marketing in order to overcome the current marketing challenges and meet consumers’ expectations.
When it comes to your business website, it is important to realize that an effective inbound website will enable you to give a strong and memorable impression to your prospective customers.
It can help you nurture your leads, get more conversions, and provide a personalized and excellent user experience (UX) to website visitors.
Here are some Inbound Strategies that you should implement into your website:
- Define the goal of each page on your website. You should aim to solve a single goal on each page (one Page, One Goal).
- Blink Test:
Within ten seconds of arriving on your page, a user takes in your content and decides whether or not to keep reading. If you’ve defined the page goal well, a website user should be quickly enabled to understand what your business does, and what that page is really meant for.
- Use images to help visitors understand your page right away.
- Provide multiple ways to connect with your business. (A user shouldn’t work hard to connect with you).
- Guide the user’s navigation around the website. (You need to have multiple next steps available on each page).
- Place a call-to-action (CTA) towards the top of a page.
- Include a chat function to encourage users to visit specific pages.
- Use logical URLs and page titles.
- Evaluate the mobile experience.
- Use website heat map to optimize user experience (UX).
Learn how can Inbound Marketing help your business.
Copyright © 2020 MAR Digital Marketing.
All Rights Reserved.